Rivers varsity suspends student for selling hemp on campus
Rivers varsity suspends students for selling hemp on campus. The Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, has suspended a student, Newton Nsiegbe, for allegedly selling Indian hemp on campus.
The Management of Ignatius Ajuru University of Education has suspended the following students from studies for various offences:
- Faith Omie – UE/2019/POL/B.Sc.Ed4/4890 – Dept. of Pol. Sc. – Exam Misconduct – Hired Sunday Ogaranya Ajie to Exam in POL. 214 for her.
- Sunday Ogaranya Ajie – UE/2019/POL/BSc.Ed4/4498 – Dept. of Pol Sc. – Impersonation – was hired to write the Exam in POL. 214 for Faith Omie.
- Augustine Owen – UE/2017/POL/BSc.Ed4/3052 – Exam Misconduct – was caught in an exam hall on 06.07.21 copying from a smart phone.
- Godwin Prince Chiduga – UE/2017/POL/BSc.Ed4/0434 – Dept. of Pol. Sc – was caught in the exam hall with copied materials relevant to the course.
- Marvelous Wokoma – UE/2017/POL/BSc.Ed4/0351 – Dept. of Pol. Sc. – was caught in the exam hall with copied materials relevant to the course.
- John Rich Dike – UR/2017/HKHSC/BSc. Ed4/0192 – Dept. of Health, Human Kinetics & Safety – Involvement in Cult-related activities on Campus, causing bodily harm to a fellow student.
All the cases have been sent to the Students Disciplinary Committee for further investigation.
Their names have also been sent to the DSS for profiling
Also, the school said Nsiegbe was handed over to the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency for further investigation.
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Ozo-Mekuri Ndimele, who disclosed this on his Facebook page on Sunday, said the student was in the Department of Political Science.
The statement read, “The management of the Ignatius Ajuru University of Education has suspended Newton Ezegbola Nsiegbe, UE/2018/POL.Sc/B.Sc.Ed4/0813 – Dept. of Political Science from studies.
“He was apprehended by the university security personnel in the hostel with over 1.75 grams of a substance suspected to be Indian hemp which he smokes and sells to his colleagues on campus.
“He has been handed over to the NDLEA for further investigation. Meanwhile, the matter has been referred to the students’ disciplinary committee to determine his fate as a student of the university.”